Thursday 31 March 2016

Analogue Communique 3-D Lesson 2



Following up from my previous lesson where I was experimenting with rice and getting used to the texture. I managed to create simple words which I was happy about because I could create a large type and there would be no lack of quantity in the material, so I was content with the choice of material and I felt that there was no need to change materials. As I already experimented on my previous lesson, this lesson I wanted to purely experiment with style and form of type that I could create.

1.




2.


3.

I am really fond of the red card paper in the background because it distinguished more the rice texture as appose to it being on a plain brown wood or white people which was the typical things laying around but before I came to my lesson, bought the card paper in a store. It is only right to go for a different approach with rice because it being placed on a white background will only make it difficult to make out the type. 

Initially I wanted to just go with the plain word ' Rice' as it made sense since it is the material I am using and we was told we could use any word to communicate and in that case mine was rice. As you can see from the 1st experiment. I like the type style i created, especially the 'E', which is unique.

I moved on to a different style and possibly a different word. I was told that 'Rice', was just too plain and so I decided to combine the word 'Rice' with 'Nice. The second and third experiment outcome, you can see that the beginning letter is could be an 'R' or an 'N'. It was my goal to have both. My thoughts during this was just 'Rice is nice'. For the third experiment I tried to create the type outvert instead of the invert style I had done for my previous two experiments. 

I like all my experiments, I had not found anything difficult when it came to creating the form because it was easy due to the material which I am still thankful for. I am hoping to further develop the second experiment because I really liked this 3-D type and wish to see if I could somehow make it more effective and stand out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment