Wednesday 2 December 2015

3D modelled character: Cereal Package Prototype





I was not pleased with the back of the cereal design from my last session, it just did not seem right to me that I changed the whole design. I added on trees in a purple full colour block which took over most of the space and also a back poem the taste and excitement of crunchy cereals by Marvin Brandwin, 2009. I thought this poem would get the audience excited about the cereal. 

After generating my print ready artwork of my cereal package in Illustrator, I rechecked that that my the colour mode was in CMYK because I did not want the colours of my cereal box printing out in a different colour I had anticipated. My work was exported and saved in a high quality print, Adobe PDF file and then it was moved into my USB so it could be moved into another system ready to print out in card paper. 






Once my prototype was printed out, I grabbed scissors and a cutting mat to put below my print because I will be needing them to put my box together. My cereal outline was cut of with scissors because I think that using craft knife could bring more cutting mistakes that you can not easily avoid, but with a scissors it is possible to control you every move. I had then proceeded to use cutting mat to rest my cut out print so i could crease the sides for a neat folds and finally I glued the sides together. My cereal prototype was then professionally photographed in different positions and when I look back at this photos I am really happy that I did not change the front design as it looks really appealing when it is printed. I was also worried that information image I masked together with rectangles would look out of place but it ended up being a good contributor to my design. I found process and production sessions interesting, last year I was always wondering when will we experimenting in designing packages and I enjoyed it.


No comments:

Post a Comment