Wednesday 25 November 2015

After Effect: Lesson 3 Boiling Technique

After Effect: Lesson 3

                             Flick Boiling technique from Yanda De Vasco on Vimeo.


We were told to bring three images we sketched out each on different paper. The images had to be near the same position and mainly the same thing because this will be effective for this lessons purpose. I sketched mine immediately the moment I entered the class because the completely slipped out of my mine after two weeks of different process and productions lessons. I still managed to sketch  a detailed excited dog I was inspired from the internet, making sure they were roughly on the same place.


My images were initially edited in Photoshop to reduce the resolution to ’72’ before it was imported on After Effect as having a high resolution can cause After Effect to work incredibly slow. I also use bright and contrast on image options so the image could be brightened and contrasted and the lines will be dark and stand out on the paper.

After editing my images on Photoshop, they were imported onto After Effect with ‘Jpeg Sequence” selected, it is like a footage that plays back. The new composition was 1920/1080, the frame work was 25 and lastly the duration was 10 seconds long. Everything was worked in one work space, so only one composition was created. I tested out the clip and when it was made it was always very fast so Sarah my After Effect teacher taught us about how to slow it down. I had my image selected, clicked on the ‘Comp 1’ options and from there I went on columns and selected stretch, 200.0% stretch.  This is made it possible for my images to continue appearing throughout. 

I learned a new effect called oiling. Oiling is when you got series of images and you play them back, because of the line of your drawings are different you get this effect called oiling. If you got even drawings it looks like it is flicking back. When I play my video you are able to see my images change but still in the same position. 



One of the main reason the background is white it will be easier to duplicate and edit texture into the work. Freebiesgallery is where I imported my copyright paper background for my clip and I found many different style and also experimented with all of them. 

To make my clip have more of a finished look I wanted to add a free copyright audio. I chose something upbeat and exciting but at the same time also calm, it was really to represent the dog as he is happy. I looked around for my audio from freemusicarchive.org. The audio was called ‘Podingtong Bear – Trundle’. I made stretched the audio so it will be playing throughout the clip. I feel like silence would just throw the work off just like my previous clip I created on after effect called loop. I wanted to make an effort with this clip.

No comments:

Post a Comment