Monday 26 October 2015

Business in Art & Design: Prepare for the big world

Business studies


Business in Art & Design
These are tips I learned from my business studies class on mondays. It will help me prepare for the big world as a Graphic Designer. 

Businesses are very interested in the marketing. When I start to work in a company they pass me brief and I will have to find an appropriate strategy in which way to approach it. They are also of the process of looking at and trying to find what the market actually wants. With that effect, business is a blind, and that is really what market is about, trying to find out of the work is clear. I should also not accept with full arms that they know exactly what is going on, so if I accept their brief I would have to go into details yourself. Gather information about marketing and maybe if it is possible look for those who are experienced in that area to explain it you too. 

We also spoke about ethical and social issues, we have to appreciate the fact that if we are going to take on a contract we need to be comfortable with what we are going to do. So I will need to understand these issues and appraise myself how you will deal with the brief because on other circumstances I may not always be happy with briefs, it may be straight forward and bland. So if I am feeling excited before hand I will prepare myself for disappointments as it can possible. Regardless if I applied for a company 100 percent to my liking, I will always come across a brief I do not like.

Communication issues:

What ever we are creating we are developing a message and we have to decode that message into our design to send out that message. The colour, type face, image and more all of them need to speak to the people because we are trying to communicate with it. So that means when I am doing a design work they may ask why I am designing in such a way and you should be able to justify it. The problem is, I may have 'transmit', known as noise/interference. Anything that may interfere with the message, the content of it means noise. For a short example my neighbour may be playing loud music and my TV screen vibrates, this can be seen as interference with the message because the process may take longer. So I will need to take to have back up plans to stop such transmit. 

I have to think about the message package I am sending, how do they speak to the target audience, what style, image, and the channels I am are going to use, cinema, magazine or ambient, there are all series of questions that I have to ask. 

I learned that 'BRAD', stands for British rate advertising data. It is a website that can search for any magazine that has been purchased in this country, all the rate data or format is there. More importantly if i was into layout designs, i could go through a graphic designers pages designs and maybe even contact them for more information. 


No comments:

Post a Comment