Wednesday 28 October 2015

Analogue Communiqué Lesson 1 & 2

Physical Studio: Session 1 & 2



This session is Analogue communique and we was tasked to create an original creative typeface that starts with "I am" and the next words you chose had to represent something about yourself. However there was catch, the typeface is to be created in a constricted measurement form of 4x4 boxes on an A4 paper and it also has a character count up to 16. I experimented with different type and tagline because I wanted to see which one was appealing out of all of them. 



After sketching out my drafts, I continued to draw the type in the grids we was expected to use. Initially my tag lines were missing "I am" because I felt like that constricted me too much, these two were the two designs that caught my attention. I have no patience sometimes and I am a gamer girl, I love to play or watch game plays in my own free time. "No Patience" typeface style was thought of by myself whilst "Gamer Girl at (heart)" was inspired obviously the type you would see in a gameboy. I chose to go with "Gamer Girl at (heart)" because I loved the boldness and the corners of the letters. 



I began to design each letter on an white A4 paper which represents the grid. The letters were difficult to design on a bigger paper because I needed the right measurement for to the create the accurate boldness which would fit the paper too. I designed two different "G's" as you can see above  as I was it impossible to have the same image as i did on my draft sketches, It would take a long process to draw each close up line for each letter and so that is why I had also designed the one of the right. It was simple comparing to the left "G" but it was still interesting to me. 

1st Analogue Communique outcome

2nd Analogue Communique outcome

This is my typeface outcome, I replaced the "at (heart)" because I needed less letters to fit in the "I am", although initially I was not going to  do it, I decided that it is best to follow task we were presented. Although I am happy with my outcome, I wanted to further develop my design using a scanner technique I have always wanted to try out because I like the distorted effect you could get when you move the paper you are trying to scan it. This is the result of quickly moving the paper without closing the scanner, I received the effect I wanted with a bit of surprising orange,red and blue colours around the letters. If i had to choose the one I really like then it would be the scan technique. I enjoyed this session and I found it engaging. 

No comments:

Post a Comment