Friday 8 April 2016

Improving England's Weather Infographic: Audio and wind.



I really enjoyed making my info-graphic for After effect workshop and that made me want to work on the animation more as I can go into more depth with the clip and try and improve it. Although I was happy with my outcome, there were things I noticed that I should of done on the video. This was proof read,  more of weather animation and lastly Audio. So these were the three things I focused on for my improved info-graphic video.



I wanted wind in the end to join the rain as I feel like rain just look plain. England's weather is bipolar so that is why I had show sunshine a high degree and at night, rain with a low degree temperature. I needed a solid for the wind effect which is called Fractal Noise. I dragged the Fractal Noise to the solid which made it look as if it was filled with white lines in a black background. After editing the brightness and contrast, I got a closer look to a wind but it still did not move and it looked unrealistic. That is when I played with the Evolution which is the key to animating this effect. I was filled with glee knowing that I had a wind even though it was going just straight and I knew needed to work on that. In order to have the wind more realistic looking, I needed an effect called Brezier Wrap. This caused the plain wind to go all over the place as most winds should do. After I was satisfied with the grammar and the new weather animation, I moved on to the ending of the clip that I knew I needed as I had to credit the Audio to the original artist. I used a smooth modern Jazz music from an upcoming artist. I found my info-graphic video looking ten times better than the original and I am glad I played more with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment