Thursday 3 March 2016

Cinema 4D Lesson 2: Particles

In this lesson we were shown how we can create particles on Cinema 4-D in order to have psychedelic patterns with dynamic shapes. I was unfortunately sick on this day and had not got the opportunity to learn how to use the subdivision tool with the twist tool to create the particles in such way. I seen many images of people's work on that day and it looked as if there was a balls going in through a an extruded shape that resembled the pattern that we see so much when it comes to 'hypnotise'. In the beginning I had tried to follow the steps of this process that my teacher provided online on unilearn, however it was so difficult and definitely different when you are not around in the class to get help. I am better learning when it comes visually. So after trying and failing this version, I had looked online to see if there was a tutorial that I could watch and I had found one called Cinema 4-D tutorial: Particles on youtube, the link is below. I chose this tutorial because looked like he was making his particles swarm through a certain direction which is one of the things that I needed to aim for.





I used the Simulate tools, went for particles and clicked Emitter, which made a swarm of little white small particles go everywhere but into a the right direction. I selected the emitter, and clicked MoGraph tool, Matrix and this came up with over 20 white small squares and what I did was combine it with my emitter, by going on the object section on the matrix and changing the object mode to object and also changing the object to emitte. We got a swarm of square particles going to the right at a medium speed.



I wanted the small squares to be circles so I added in the cloner and sphere effect on to my work which caused a big dark grey ball to appear on the centre and it looked like the small swarm was coming from there. On the second screen shot you can see the square is now a circle and I did this by pulling the sphere down to the cloner section which morphed them together. 

By this point, I was happy i was getting somewhere with my work, I had the same shape and it was moving but I needed more but unfortunately the tutorial was ended up going to different direction than what I needed to do. So I had to teach myself and see what I could do as I could not find one that was similar to the one taught in my class.


The first thing I needed to do was add colour to my particles. On the bottom part of Cinema 4-D, I selected create and colour mask which then appears with more options on the right side. I wanted a gold colour but not a matte texture more of a reflection texture which I had learned about in my previous Cinema 4-D lesson when we was taught how to create prototypes. So after making my colour mask, I just dragged it to the layer I wanted which was Sphere. 


Then after adding in my colour, I moved on to concentrate in the background. Initially I wanted to try and follow the steps my teacher showed us but found it difficult to make the extruded background with the distorted lines. I made the decision I may have to take a different path and so added in a physical sky which I found cool, maybe it is because I am a newbie when it comes to Cinema 4-D so anything can excite me but I really liked it and decided to keep it. The image below is my outcomes. 

 With clouds
Without clouds


Reference:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OdRYXiYiHc

No comments:

Post a Comment