Sunday 28 February 2016

Working my Creative CV



Creative Cv for Placement


Design idea generating

I liked to draw out my layout before i start to design as it visually helps me have a general idea where i want things to be placed. I also decided that i wanted my creative to be more fun looking since it is called creative, it can be be falling into the same pile of full of text cv's. My interests were tennis, painting, Adobe, design, music, gaming and cooking. There are more of course but these are one of the main ones. If i had done more interest sketches of icons then too many illustration would fill out the spaces and be difficult for the important text such as work experience history to place in. 




I used Illustration and Indesign for my work because illustration has a good pen tool and indesign is perfect to inline text together. Initially i started with my logo design as i wanted it to be on the top or top corner of my CV, i seen many people use their photographs but i wanted to use my logo as my profile image instead. I loved the colour schemes i put together but by then it was the matter of which one fitted in well with the whole cv design which i had not designed yet. 


Interests illustration design process screen shots


Initial Cv layout design

After designing my logo design, i went straight into my illustrations for interests. I made them simple flat path designs as i did not want to be eye catching more than the logo and other areas of my cv. Then moved them to start designing the full cv. As you can see I had not much space for my whole cv, the whole text on the first screen shot is just the education section and i kept worrying on where would my work experience history and skills go because they could not just squeeze up. So i scraped that whole design layout and started again with a brighter colour and whole new layout with new ideas. 


I went through and added in my logo in the right corner instead of it being on the top middle because i feel by doing this it leaves more area at the top for more text to fill in. I was doing the opposite of what i was doing on my last design layout. I managed to fill in everything i wanted such as work, education history and skills but i ended up with more space i wanted to try and make my skills more popping because it is something the future employer will instantly want to look at because it is something important as work experience history. So i put in my design skills like Illustration, Photoshop, Indesign, After Effect and OCR level 2 IT communication and rated them in the amount of experience i have with each one. I really liked this idea, i found my cv more appealing with this section. Definitely stands out in my eye.


No comments:

Post a Comment