Friday 16 October 2015

Personal Projects: Print's and Patttern's designed by me




These are my patterns I designed using Illustrator. The reason why I designed a floral pattern was because this pattern was inspired by a Japanese flower my mother possesses, placed near her kitchen window. This flower is authentic to me, especially as it is in England where you do not always come across them. Moreover I want to pursue on designing floral pattern as they are indeed one of the most asked for designs in the textiles business. So why should I not initially begin to learn and teach myself the traditional  popular design trends before moving on further into a more themes.

Japanese flowers 

I tried multiple colours for the background after outlining my flower because the flower being pink stuck to my mind and no other colour was perfect for this japanese flower other than that, so that is why I chose darker colours and the pink stands out more in dark backgrounds. I also added a orange swift by using the Illustrator brush. It adds life to my design because it looked a little bland without it. I enjoyed designing my first floral pattern, I want to continue designing different floral themes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment