Thursday 7 April 2016

After Effect: 30 Seconds Showreel


Adam Gault studio

Project: Montage 2011

The showreel was made in 2011, this showreel created a lot of stir, a lot of attention. He not only cut his work but he also edited the music, it shows how good the designer is with music and with motion. It is the edit in the clip that shows the designers skills. You take your original material and you cut it to pieces so it can last longer. One of the things that is really significant is in term of the audio is that he was cutting it to go with the way his work was edited, it was like a beat. You have to consider your music because it is the most important part of your work as it backs it up.





Our work is similar in the style edited it in. Each of the object complies the full screen.  We are going to edit the clip really quick and after edit anything that we left out as in putting music or enhancing it any other way. It means we will have intermediate response to it. 

The idea of a convention graphic is a way to show my portfolio. One of the things that is particular convincing it is the soundtrack I will be using, it shows the impact of the showreel, any type of music I got, I can use it to my advance. Part of is showing my strength, I want to show my work, the technique I am more confident on, It shows future employers that I am capable of using motion graphic. 

It was really important that I show something in the clip about myself as it will show something about me, about what I really want to do. When I created this work I was talking about my future, as in an inclusion of work to do with a particular subject, then probably the connection they will get from that is the work involving that subject. So I asked myself what I had enjoyed the most during this whole year involving After Effect. It was the first lesson of motion go, the maths teacher in the classroom and the info-graphic on England's weather. Those are the two clips I tried to show more of. 

We started working on audio first on After effect because audio is really important because it will make the convention better. Then I created the intro and ending composition myself as it looks better to introduce all your work and also add in information in the end, such as the name of the music I used.

So On to creating a title as an analogue for our projects. At the beginning when the reel will open, I wanted something that will last to 3 or 5 seconds with my name, showreel or/Production Reel 2016 and the University I attend. For the ending composition, it will be C Copyright symbol, crediting the Audio, link to the video and maybe email. It gives the work a gravity and it gives the whole thing feel final.


I rendered it on quicktime as it will give me an option to edit the quality. So it is optional whose ever computer it is on to change it. So this is an advantage if I am taking it to show people. 

This is my show reel, showing every single animation video I had made on After Effect workshop. I think having all the videos combined together shows how much I have progressed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment